https://lpwellness.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/hat-591973-1.jpg 3135 4703 admin https://lpwellness.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/lake-pointe-wellness.png admin2016-12-02 07:46:502016-12-02 07:46:50Happiness Habits You Can Master
January isn’t far away. (YIKES!) Who wants to resolve to Be Happy in 2017?! Below is a mega-list of attributes and habits shared by happy people. Habits have to be carefully cultivating, requiring effort and dedication for lasting impact, so rather than trying to tackle the whole list (and then getting tackled by your zealous commitment…), choose a few of the habits listed below and make a plan now to incorporate them into your life in the coming year. Take intentional steps toward happiness!
1. Keep yourself busy (don’t get bored), but don’t allow life to get rushed (don’t get overwhelmed).
2. Maintain a handful of close relationships… preferably with happy people.
3. Don’t allow your happiness to be tied solely to external sources.
4. Cultivate resilience. Keep getting back up!
5. Actively try to be happy. Be the decision maker when it comes to your attitude.
7. Look for good in everything and appreciate the small and simple pleasures life presents.
8. Be generous. Spend some of your time and resources giving to others.
9. Don’t avoid discomfort if it’s leading to mastery. Struggle is part of progress. Keep at it!
10. Find a hobby or activity that you can get lost in. Let yourself get carried away once in awhile!
11. Choose to spend on experiences more often than you do on things.
12. Seek out opportunities for in-person connections (rather than opting for social media or text messaging).
13. Engage in deeper conversation.
14. Learn to listen.
15. Get enough sleep!
16. Listen to music.
17. Get outside more often.
18. Follow your dreams.
19. Make time for your spiritual health.
20. Change your body language (check out our recent post on this!)
Check out some of the research behind these habits and benefits of making them part of your life by checking out this post on 99U and this article by the Huffington Post. Make happiness a habit!