https://lpwellness.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/sport-927760_1920.jpg 1265 1920 admin https://lpwellness.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/lake-pointe-wellness.png admin2016-06-17 06:51:332016-06-23 19:01:50Be Active: Who's Your Buddy?
Wanna make that workout routine stick? All the alarms on your phone won’t make you get up and hit the gym on some mornings. So what is a tried and true trick to sticking to it when the going gets tough? This spectacular “how-to” article from MyFitnessPal enumerates not only the benefits and success rates of accountability in fitness, but also the best ways to go about picking an accountability partner for your exercise routine. Read the whole article here after you skim the highlights below:
1. Find a like-minded person with the same need…. you aren’t the only one who knows they need to be more active or make better choices for lunch.
2. Stop waiting until you’re perfect. Failure happens and it’s part of the process. If you keep waiting to “get your act together” before you start being accountable, you won’t ever start.
3. Be open… to new things, new friends, new experiences, new concepts. Also, be open with your accountability partner; go public with what you’re doing.
4. Take risks, be adventurous, and get OUT of your comfort zone. Accountability isn’t supposed to keep you where you’re always comfortable but push you out into new territory.
5. Offer to be an accountability partner for someone else! Asking for help might seem scary, but asking if you can partner with someone else who has the same need takes some of the stress out of it.